Special announcement regarding the reopening of Spencerport Assembly of God.
While we cannot control the virus, the spread, or the impact it has in our church, we’re doing everything we can to keep our church family safe while staying connected with each other as much as possible. Here are some ways we can stay engaged during this season:
In times of uncertainty, we can turn to a God who is always in control. Here are a few specific prayer focuses that you can adopt during this season
- There are lots of people who are especially vulnerable in this time. Pray that God would be with and protect them.
- There are people who will experience increased stress in this time. Pray that God would strengthen them.
- There are those who are ill in this time. Pray that God would heal them.
- Pray for those who are taking care of the ill during this time. Pray that God would protect and strength them.
- Ask for faith to be generous with your time and resources
- Ask for courage to take advantage of the opportunities to share hope during this season.
- Pray that God would be glorified in our actions and in our world.
What do you need?
Do you have a need? Let us know, and we will do what we can to help come alongside you. We can only help with what we have, and we can’t guarantee to meet every need, but God has blessed us and we want to bless others. This is a challenging season, but one that we will get through together.
How can you serve?
We give and serve because we believe it is a better way to live and it makes a real difference in the lives of those around us. We may not be able to do everything for everyone, but we can do something for someone.
Help your neighbor
Connect with your neighbors and make sure everyone is doing well. Offer to pick up groceries for those who are at-risk.
Continue to support your church
Now more then ever the work of God needs to go forward. You can give online at:
Continue to support local businesses
As our restaurants are forced to close their lobbies and go to takeout and delivery only, make it a date night in and order from a locally-owned restaurant. The Democrat and Chronicle has created a list of restaurants offering these options for different areas around Rochester.
Grow your faith
It is important to keep our minds engaged with the word of God. We recommend listening to good worship music and enjoy these fun Bible trivia games.
And don’t forget…. Even though we can not meet in the same building, we can still be together through Facebook live stream. Please tune in next Sunday at 10:00AM and join us for the Sunday message from Pastor Eric.